Saturday, April 18, 2009

Can a book be as good if someone else reads it?

Well, my student teachers last week to teach is next week and I am pretty excited about getting to teach full time, all lessons, my way, again!! So, I've been pondering how to kick off my lifebooks/morning writing prompt in an engaging way. I would like to see them excited about interactive poetry and I'm thinking if I have any time this weekend I would like to create a wiki site that students can add their thoughts about poems to. I don't know where people find all the time to be on a computer, shuffling through the heaps of websites to find "the perfect" few.

A second thought might be to use online books (storyline online, lookybook, etc) and have students work on their writing techniques. I can't commit but if I have any free time this weekend I'm going to search for some intereactive sites for poetry that my students might really enjoy.

On a different note, my friends Denise & Darin shared their injured chick with my clan this week. So far, she seems to be getting along pretty well and taking her to class with me appears to be a BIG HIT! The kids can't wait to take her outside for her daily exercise routine and she appears to be in fairly good health and behaving just like a chicken ought to pecking, drinking, cheeping even with the brain injury. If we can get her to have been control of her legs she'll be out of the woods I hope. Last night we put her into bed and she let out the most outraged peeps you have ever heard (I think she may be spoiled already). She's cute as a button though and apparently an Italian chicken so I'm sure Granny Ann will approve!

Finally, I have got to start adding some pictures to this blogspot...I am going to work on improving the style of this spot and step 1 is getting pictures. My goal: add pics of new baby hen (Xena, Princess warrior, chickadee) possibly Snickerdoodle (who is outside screaming for attention right now) Montana & the goats. If I ever get to Easter pictures a pic of yours truly might be an option too!!!
Alrighty, Ken's up, Alex is sick and Val's getting ready for work. Let the day begin :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment